This is the original recipe I've been using for a couple of years, courtesy of AllRecipes.com
No photos this time, because I was caught up in the roasting and pureeing of the pumpkin for my other blog post.
But here's all the things you need to know:
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds - rinsed and dried
6 Tbsp white sugar, divided
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbsp vegetable oil.
- Preheat the oven to 250º
- Spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until dry and toasted. Larger seeds may take longer.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons of white sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and sprinkle the remaining sugar over them.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts, about 45 seconds.
- Pour the seeds into the bowl with the spiced sugar and stir until coated.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temp.